--- we didn't have an easy time moving to Ireland. Our ISP cut us off twice, 'accidentally', you understand, then we had a burst water pipe which necessitated a four-week stay in another apartment...You get the picture...
Anyway, one of the few definite improvements I have enjoyed since moving here is the sheer number of independent butchers serving up cuts unseen in our previous hometown – in particular, smoked pork knuckles – you don't know what you're missing, England!!
As of Sunday this is history. There is a new food scandal, and the pork has vanished from supermarket shelves (I'm too depressed to go to the butchers, they're probably shut anyway). I can't help feeling that this is a personal message to me. Nudge, nudge, we don't like you here; go on, return to the fabulous seaside town with a Waitrose where you came from...
Well, maybe we will, some day...
For now I take pleasure in excellent Guinness; it really is a meal – and it better be – if the food situation doesn't improve...
4 comments:
What I wouldn't give for just a butcher... Ah, the wilds of Canada.
But is the Guinness still better there than it is here?
How goes the pig hunt? And I hope Guinness Supplies are still lasting two months along
The Guinness is still flowing and the pork is back!! The weather is better, too, but I haven't checked whether the shamrocks are greener yet...
Post a Comment